Old 12-14-2008, 10:28 AM
keenster
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: FO forever

Originally Posted by Xray678 View Post
kinda blows away the argument that there was a huge difference between the number of retirements. 274 comes pretty close to making up the difference......and you get that seniority right now.
Not sure what the point of this thread is, but here are my points. 1015 NWA represents 19.5% of the NWA list. For DAL to have the same effect on the list they would need 1405 guys to go in the same time. That would be the same percentage move up. 723 DAL guys in 10 years represents 10% of your list. Its funny how you want the numbers to work for you. Get real and talk apples to apples. You guys will always say that it was fair and the majority of the NWA guys will always say that it wasn't -bottom line. The real numbers that matter to me are flying more days a month because I am junior in category, making less pay because of not being able to bid higher paying category, working more holidays when I would have not been, not being able to retire early because of no insurance, and the list could go on but what is the point. As I said in another thread the DAL guys have no idea what the losses are on the NWA side because you are not living it. I'm sure that there are DAL guys loosing things as well that we do not know about because we are not living what they are experiencing or going through(although I think that their list is pretty small if they can come up with one -your contract remains). NWA guy stand alone in 10 years moves up 19.5%. DAL guy stand alone moves up 10%. NWA and DAL guy move up combined list 14%. So DAL guy gets a 4 % advantage vs a NWA guy who looses 5.5%. Sounds fair?? I guess anyone can make the numbers work for them. All this is just food for thought if you want something to complain, gripe, think, or talk about. All this stuff seems to focus on the negatives of this thing. It is time to focus on the positives, although I think that it is human nature to dewell on the negatives. Part of the difficulty is that NWA guys have no idea of the DAL culture, your contract, bidding schedules, possible new positions in the future, etc. It is a big unknown to us so it is hard to see those good things right now(hopefully there are some). Have fun.

keenster

Last edited by keenster; 12-14-2008 at 11:25 AM.