Old 12-15-2008, 06:11 AM
Xray678
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: 7ERA

Originally Posted by capncrunch View Post
Exactly! If someone is going to do a comparison of retirements then the retirements should be looked at as a percentage of the stand alone group. Based on NWAs smaller size the retirement percentage is much more significant than what is being alluded to on this thread.
I will admit that I never considered that even if the retirement numbers were the same, you would have moved more as you were a smaller group. And I have seen some NWA pilots who would have retired the 500 or less range and now will be in the 1500+ range. Of course at the combined airline 1500 will hold any widebody by the time fences come down.

I will submit to you though, that while you lost some advancement you still gained. It may take a little longer to fly a widebody of the 330/764 size, but you have gained the ability to fly the 7ER. Which means you may actually be flying a widebody internationally quicker. You also gained some nice bases to bid in LAX SLC and ATL. The NWA widebodies that I gained in the merger mean zero to me, since I will not go to MSP or DTW to fly them. And I suspect for every widebody that moves from there to ATL, there will be an equal number going the other way.