View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 07:47 AM
captain152
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008
Post International Travel

Alright, first of all let me start out by saying I have tried to use the search feature on this thing and either it sucks, or typing in "international travel" "traveling international" "international nonrev" or anything of the sort just doesn't turn up the right information I'm looking for.

I'm trying to get some information on nonrev-ing/JS'ing internationally (either on a US or international carrier) ... yes I know I can't JS on an international carrier unless we have a specific JS agreement ... and I don't really know where to start. I have never been out of the country before except to go to Canada (JS on Air Canada for that one ... GREAT EXPERIENCE!!). I'd like to take my girlfriend to Paris or something like that and want to know the best way to go about it.

First of all can ZED fares be purchased for non-family members if you're going to be traveling with them also on a ZED fare?

Secondly, I know that while in Europe things operate a little differently there remembering previous posts I have read (and could not find again). With a ZED fare would you already have a ticket and go straight to the gate through security, or would I have to stop at a Ticket counter (not sure what they call them over yonder) and get a pass through security there?

Thirdly, I know there is always a chance traveling standby that you won't make the flight, but what are the chances of getting bumped off with a ZED fare? What priority do you have versus other standby travel? Are we at the bottom of the list?

Fourthly, can ZED fares be purchased for both coach and first class?

Again, I stress that this is my first time trying to do this, so please keep the attacks on the international newbie to a minimum I know I could have called the 1800 number for a number of different airlines and received a number of different answers from a number of different people who didn't speak much english, but this way just seemed a little easier for some reason

I wanted to get the opinions and facts from those of you on here who have done this several times before and know what you're doing.

Thanks in advance, and and responses/information are greatly appreciated