View Single Post
Old 08-12-2006, 06:53 AM
Bitme
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: A300 Captain

This cracks me up. For those of you bad mouthing the leadership, there is a campaign in progress with other people running. Do you know their platforms? Do you have first hand experience with their qualifications? Let's here it.

The price list of salaries is is kind of misrepresentative, because it inlcudes many staff people at the MEC level for each airline. We pay for the service we get and I can tell you that every staffer at FedEx's MEC deserves MORE! Eric Iverson for example at 100k is cheap at twice the price and I can continue, but what you're trying to accomplish is shock value. I suppose if you got in trouble with the law you would go to the cheapest attorney you could find, right?

I'm not arguing that maybe a few of those listed don't deserve what they're making, but I've never met them. Just like most pilots deserve more too. What I have witnessed first hand is that most of ALPA and it's staff are like the dam preventing the wall of managements and government from ruining our profession. Yes there is politics and things about the process you may not agree with, but the little investment spent on ALPA is dwarved in comparison to various company lobbying monies, so take your pick.

Or, let me say, since this is a public forum, maybe You work for Ford & Harrison. Sounds like it.