View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 10:53 AM
Copperhed51
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008

Originally Posted by FlyingPirate View Post
Like I said I'm only 21 so pay and QOL is not a huge factor for me, I could live in my car and be ok (not that I would). I'm just looking at the best "experience" for future jobs. I don't want to be stuck doing piston flying then have to go to regional before I can go anywhere else for a career position.

Is there a way for me to get a job with a major or corporate with only piston time?
There's always a way. Knowing the right people is really big in the corporate world. I am in the running for a corporate gig and can tell you that I am being considered for the job over somebody with much higher time than me simply because I have the internal recommendation and the fact that I have SIC jet time. I think both jobs would make you a great stick and you'd enjoy either one. One thing to consider (and I'm sure I'll get slammed for saying this) is the washout rate at Lakes. I'm not saying you're a bad pilot and can't handle it because I don't know you. It's just something to consider. The training is tough there but I don't know how tough Flight Express training is.

Anyway, best of luck. I've got the Lakes interview next Friday and would love to hear any gouge from your interview.