View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 11:02 AM
1900luxuryliner
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Beech 1900D

There are still plans for continued expansion at Lakes with more airplanes and continued upgrades. So, I would say if you were close to 1500TT, and close to 23 years old, Lakes would be a great gamble for you. You could sneak in here, and easily upgrade within 3-4 months. Upgrades are probably going to continue into the near future. But, with your situation (not being close to 23), I think sitting right seat for 1.5 years would not be a good move, and too much of a gamble. I think the expansion will catch up with the lack of attrition within the period of 1.5 years, and you may get stuck in the right seat at Lakes. That is no where anyone wants to get stuck, especially when no one else is hiring. People come to Lakes for the upgrade. I think PIC multi-piston is about as good as SIC-turbine, as far as where it will take you in your continued career growth. Because the two different flight times will be viewed equally, I would shoot for the better quality of life. Maybe the SIC-turbine would help in meeting insurance requirements in the corporate or charter world, I'm not sure. But, in the 121 world, it won't do much for you, except to maybe help you make a lateral move to a different regional. Just my opinion...

Last edited by 1900luxuryliner; 01-08-2009 at 11:46 AM.