Old 01-16-2009, 05:38 AM
Airsupport
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: CRJ

Originally Posted by kalyx522 View Post

I do support a merging of our lists (wouldn't have volunteered on the OC if I didn't agree with this), but not if the attitude of the Pinnacle pilot group is in line with what's being said by some of the Pinnacle guys on here.
It hasn't even been a month since we voted in ALPA, and these guys are already talking DOH?! In retrospect I guess I shouldn't have expected them to want anything else (besides a staple if they could do it), but it's still surprising and telling.
Many Colgan pilots didn't want to vote because they were fearful of being screwed by Pinnacle pilots if we merged. I tried my best trying to convince some of those coworkers that Pinnacle guys were willing to work with us. To think I defended that, I kinda feel like an idiot now.
Whatever happened to "fair and equitable" and "working together" as touted repeatedly by the Pinnacle MEC during our campaign? How about the Colgan pilots who finally changed their minds because some Pinnacle guys worked tirelessly (Scott Erickson for example) to reassure them that Pinnacle wasn't out to get us? Am I wrong to expect some integrity on the part of fellow pilots and think that they would honor their promises?
I remember reading ALPA literature (had to do my homework before I started trying to convince anyone why we should vote) which specifically stated that alpa DOESN'T support DOH. The reasons should be obvious to anyone.
I understand everyone has to watch out for themselves, but let's be intelligent here. What's more fair for EVERYONE involved - Pinnacle guys getting their windfall and Colgan guys getting screwed, or doing something like what DAL/NWA did which only affected EVERYONE A LITTLE. A merger is never going to be perfect, and right now I can't think of anything more fair (for everyone involved again, not just one group) than relative seniority. I could see how Pinnacle guys would be opposed to relative seniority because it does benefit the Colgan group a little more, but it still has way less drastic effects on both groups than DOH. I wonder if any of the Pinnacle guys wanting DOH with us ever thought that it was unreasonable that US Air guys would only consider DOH during their merger.
I certainly hope my hard work wasn't for nothing.

uhhmmm what you quoted is not what i said. i don't know how you did it but that isn't my post that you are getting so offended by. it was written by your coworker cloudkicker on page 1