Old 01-27-2009, 10:54 PM
Kilgore Trout
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: Livin' the dream

Welcome to APCF DBFly,

If you use the search function on this site (top left) you will be able to find more info that has been posted here in the past. I've searched "eye surgery" with a fair number of results.
With that said, a lot of the info here has to be taken with a grain of salt, especially with something as important as the topic of your vision and goals in the future.

I've become interested in this topic only because I'd always wanted to fly in the military, but back when I was young enough to go that route the option for corrective vision surgery was not available for a military aviator.

Hopefully, you will find some good info through a search of this site, and maybe some military aviators versed in what is CURRENTLY approved will help out here.

All I can say is don't do anything to your eyes surgery wise before you know the absolute gospel regarding current policy. I've seen some disagreement on the topic, but it seems to stand that you may shoot yourself in the foot (or eyes) if you undergo a civilian procedure that is not approved, or not within the parameters required by a particular branch of service.

Be careful of what recruiters may tell you too, they've been known to be wrong, or not up to speed on current guidelines.

Good luck, and thanks for wanting to be on the team!