View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 08:09 PM
alvrb211
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by FlyHigh423 View Post
Hi,

I am a Junior in High School and I am at a dilemma about what to major in during college. My first option is to Double Major in Flight Technology and Aviation Management. I really want to do this because I really love every aspect of aviation and If I am furloughed I would still like to be around planes somehow. My second option is to Major in Criminal Justice, and minor in Flight Technology. I would still get all my ratings with out all the "filler" classes. In case I don't get on with a regional out of college I could get my masters in Criminal Justice while instructing at Kent. I really like option one because I love aviation and I know I would be much happier managing a small airport than being a police officer. Also, I believe that option 1 would give me a more rounded education in aviation.

P.S. almost all the classes between Aviation Management and Flight Technology overlap.

FYI, the median wage for MBA's entering the market last year was $108,000/year to start.

Not bad huh!

Good luck with your flyng. If it goes south, put your MBA to work and buy a big house, a BMW, and some toys to help ease the pain.

AL