Old 02-11-2009, 05:38 PM
Arnold Poon
On Guard

Joined APC: Oct 2008

Originally Posted by TheWagman View Post
Gentlemen,

Greetings! Let me start off by saying I appreciate all the hard work you all do in the union to improve the line guy's quality of life. I know that each of you want to improve our pay and time off. However, to say I am disappointed with this 76-Seat Jet Grievance settlement would be an understatement. We are being given a token assurance of our jobs, when in reality they are being outsourced. Here we have a clear interpretation of how many of these aircraft the company can use, and we are not holding them to it. This settlement undermines the pilot profession as a whole, as well as reducing our flying jobs at the mainline.

Therefore I would like to propose, through a resolution or otherwise (whatever you want to call it) we aggressively pursue bringing all 70 seat type flying back to the mainline and incorporate these planes and pilots onto the Delta pilots seniority list. My idea would be to incorporate Embraer 170, Embraer 175, Canadair 700, and Canadair 900 aircraft into Mainline fleets. There would be substantial benefit to both management and our pilot union. All the scheduling, dispatch, ops specs, maintenance would be in house reducing office space, lease space, redundant bureaucracies etc. which would make it attractive to management. As far as for the pilot group is concerned I think it is obvious how it benefits us, real job protection and more of the flying under better work rules and pay. Seniority integration of all these pilots would be a staple to the bottom of the current mainline list, with date of hire for seniority numbers within their group. If a pilot within that group would not like to move up the food chain in the mainline they could reject a new seniority number and remain on that equipment / 70 seat jet category. Fencing themselves off from other aircraft opportunities.

This is the direction I would prefer this to go, not a fickle assurance of no furlough. This would be a great addition to a Premier Global Airline, and truly make Delta an even better company to fly for.

So to reiterate, please move us towards more mainline flying, not giving flying and jobs away to others. Keep Delta flying done by Delta pilots period!

Respectfully Submitted,
Benjamin Wagner
DTW FO DC9
Lemme guess, yer on the bottom of the SLI award, cuz I don't see the integating that yer proposing in yer letter. Yer letter says that you want everyone on the list junior to you. So where's the integration?