View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 05:36 PM
RU4692
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: Professional Monkey Trainer

Originally Posted by Red Baron View Post
Amerijet pilots,

Beware that the 767's you are receiving from ATSG are coming from ABX Air. ABX Air has a pilot contract that does not allow them to dry lease. They are trying to get around this by transfering the aircraft to another ATSG company (CAM) and using them as the lessor. Shady, dirty, airline management BS.
I would like to think you would care that fellow pilots are being screwed by this scam, but I'm sure you're happy to have our 767's. I hope you never have to go through what I and currently 187 pilots and their families are dealing with. And if you ever have been furloughed, shame on you! Over 400 pilots will be unemployed by the end of June.
This deal did not cause the furloughs at ABX Air, but it gave ATSG an excuse to pursue contracts that will "Not" keep ABX Air pilots employed. So, as most of you are gloating about your new fleet, I just hope you never need a jumpseat from a former ABX Air pilot! Also, enjoy the training program in Wilmington. It will be ABX Air Check Airmen training and evaluating you. ABX's training program is one of the toughest in the industry. Good Luck!!!!!!!!!

Red
It sounds like you have a bone to pick with management. No reason to start a jumpseat war against other pilots that have done nothing malicious to you.

JMO