Old 02-20-2009, 11:15 AM
suppakuppa
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2009

Originally Posted by Bwatz View Post
I went to Spartan. It was a huge mistake that I am still paying for every month. You are much better off going to a state university and majoring in something non aviation. While you are doing that get your pilot certificates/ratings at an FBO. Spartan is over priced and their facilities suck. PM me if you have any specific questions... BTW, airlines could care less where you went to flight school.

How long ago was it that you attended? Because I heard that it used to suck but that its a pretty good school now and that they dont have that "trailer park" anymore. Yea i keep hearing about getting a degree in something else other than aviation but i dont really like anything else. I have a friend who does sign language and says he doesnt make a fortune but it pays ok. Its only a 2 year thing if i want to do that and its fairly easy to get a job interpreting. The only thing is that i dont think that would help me as far as having a degree when i apply for airlines. I can only get an associates if i decide to do that. And around how much does it cost to get your certificates at an FBO. And if i do it like that i would have to borrow the money and its around 50k isnt it? how do i PM you? I think i read that i had to have been a member of this forum for a while to do that. Is that true? I really appreciate your help man thanks!!