View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 11:21 AM
sailingfun
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

On the 90''s. 19 is a good number but 26 is better. The talk long ago was that they would be 1 for 1. Now they could bring them on get all of the 76 seat jets they want and then park the 9's or 88's. It really depends on the economy. I do not think that all of the 90's will be flying though. I would not be surprised to see a few out in VCV until the economy improves. We should get them at about 8 mil a copy and 1 mil in mtc work. Even at this deal they are more expensive than both the 88 and 9's due to the low lease rates on the 88's and no payments on the 9.

This statement is incorrect in a couple of areas. They can not get all the 76 seaters they want. There is a limit of 255 total regardless of how much they grow the mainline. They could put 76 seats instead of 70 in more jets if they grow the mainline. The total number however does not change. The second point is that if they increase the mainline and then shrink it back there would be a need to furlough. If they furlough then the company has to start taking seats back out. I believe we are near the 255 max now so there can not be more growth on those jets at DCI. The only change is the number of seats.