Old 02-20-2009, 12:12 PM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by suppakuppa View Post
hey man how did you pay for your certificates at the FBO? Is there some kind of financial aid for that or grants or something? Im thinking the answer is no. did you just burrow the money or are you just loaded?? and if you are how would someone like me that doesnt have much money pay for that? I was actually thinking and wanting to join the military to fly but 1 i dont have a degree and 2 I had lasik eye surgery done and they said i was ineligible to fly with them.
Worked many jobs while going to college and even bartered during my PPL. I got them over time - not all at once like the pilots mills. Yes - in most instances you would need a degree to fly in the military but the Army has the WO program. There are some on here that know quite a bit about it - you can also do a search and learn more. They never called me back so I didn't get much info about it. about the eye surgery - I don't know the current rules and regs but they are easy to figure out on-line or through an officer recruiter.

USMCFLYR