View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 07:11 PM
rotorhead1026
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: The Far Side

Originally Posted by Yahoo
Though the citizens of Anchorage don't have to worry about giant supernatural moth creatures ruining their day, they've got troubles of their own; the airport's namesake, the pork-guzzling Ted Stevens
I thought Alaska had "Bigfoot". Or maybe ol' Ted IS Bigfoot.

Seriously, the reason prices are so high at CVG is that people are paying those fares. When prices get really abusive then more folks will drive to DAY, CMH, etc. and prices will come down (I often do this myself). Many more flights out of a hub are nonstop and thus considered more valuable. You get what you pay for, and if you think the fare is too high then there are alternatives.

One thing I'll note is that such studies are limited to published fares. These do vary wildly over time. I'll often check a fare (DEL-CVG is one example) several times over a month's period or so and it will change considerably over time. I'm sure I'm not alone. It's difficult to do a study on what people are actually paying. It's probably somewhat less than the study indicates, at least at the high fare terminals. For walk-up fares the studies are accurate, but that's like walking into an auto dealer and paying sticker price. Your back has to be against a wall to pay that much, o/w it's a tax on stupidity.

Last edited by rotorhead1026; 02-21-2009 at 07:24 PM.