Old 02-25-2009, 12:43 PM
suppakuppa
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2009

[quote=Ian178;566778]Hi suppakuppa, i'm in a similar situation so I thought that I would reply also. I'm 22, and have about 45 hours of college. I would really like to be a pilot someday, possibly even commercially, but before I think of pursing flying I am going to finish my degree.

Hey man thanks for your reply. Yeah I think I'm leaning towards getting my degree. The only thing Im afraid of is that when airlines start hiring again I wont be ready in time. I dont even know if thats something to worry about but its just something that bothers me. Im also looking into getting a quick associates degree in sign language that would pay me more than a regular job. I've always been interested in learning sign language but the only thing that sucks about it is that it wont help me get hired at any airline as far as needing to have a degree i dont think. But its really easy to get a job translating and even working part time is ok as far as needing to get bills paid. But again I dont know if I want to take to long in getting started with flight training. I'll know this week if I get accepted to Spartan College and I'll be very tempted to just go ahead and go but man I dont know!! Im 24 in October. I know im still young but i havent done anything as far as getting something major accomplished in my life and i just want to get started! But i dont want my lack of patience make me do something im gonna regret. Is an aviation degree really that bad? I dont think it is its just the "putting all your eggs in one basket" thing that i think everyone is warning me about. Im glad you got ur stuff together though! Congrats!!