View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 12:39 PM
LivingInMEM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007

Originally Posted by Rambler View Post
You have got to love how FedEx acts!!!!
Are you kidding me? Can you name a single person in Congress (OK - name 10 of them) that does anything for the good of the country rather than for the good of themselves and their own power. That place is the Major Leagues of politicization - all they do is politics. If there is no political gain, they won't do it - they won't even vote for a good bill unless they can attach a rider or get a promise of a future vote for a pet project of theirs. It is disgusting.

And you complain because FedEx is using political pressure for results from a purely political body! I guess you will also slam how Wal-Mart uses pressure to control supplier prices - suppliers who actively petition to become suppliers. When you have the ability to buy 777's over the next 15 years (no small task), you use that ability to maintain an environment where you can continue to maintain that ability. It is called business.

By the way, we all know that the other side of the Card Check Bill is not using politics for their purposes. Those commercials that I have seen have been so objective.