Old 09-11-2006, 02:36 PM
Nashmd11
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: CA 767

Originally Posted by machz990 View Post
After listening to most of the concerns I have read on this forum being addressed during this afternoon's P-to-P conference, I strongly urge you to attend an upcoming road show or HUB meeting. All concerns were answered in a very logical manner with supporting justification. I feel most of you will come to an understanding and support this T/A after you have the opportunity to participate in a road show. There were so many factors behind each piece of the T/A that you must hear the explanation before you can make an informed decision. In the meantime read the T/A and formulate your questions for the road show discussions.

MEC unanimously and enthusiastically voted for accepting this T/A and is asking for us to vote "YES."

We recieved over twice the enhanced benefits over the previous 29APR05 offer. Previous company offer was $400 million and our current T/A is over $800 million in enhanced benefits. This is over a 100% increase.

Next contract negotiations won't have to deal with scope or agency shop and will be able to focus on other economic issues.

There is a lot of money that will go into our pockets from this contract that is not in the hourly pay but through other contractual changes. Read and look for the positive and how it applies to you.

We traded NOTHING for agency shop. It was on the table for a long time and the company wouldn't acknowledge it until recently. "Grandfathering" of the non-members as of 26AUG06 was advised by ALPA and was a legal liability issue for FedEx. You cannot change the terms of someone's employment after they are hired without opening yourself up to a lawsuit. For example, you can't tell someone 20 years into their career that they now have to pay union dues or be terminated. Won't stand up in court.

We are paid more on DOS and at end of contract than UPS.

Trip Rig at DOS +1. A programming issue. Was actually in our proposal at DOS + 2.

Retro Pay. This was sliced and diced during negotiation a million different ways. It was never "defined" because we couldn't satisfy everyone. Retro was done in June. Company's offer on INTL override was current $6.50 and A-380 pay at current widebody pay. The T/A offers substantial premiums for both. Bob Chimenti can explain retro pay to your satisfaction. Attend a road show.

Deadhead Taxability to/from home base. This didn't have to be in the contract but it is IRS Tax law plain and simple. Polar got in trouble with IRS over this issue. A week was spent with attorneys on this issue alone and what we got was the LEAST onerous of the possible outcomes on this issue. Other alternatives could have led to audits for some crewmembers for the past seven years.

3.75:1 Trip Rig. This is + $54 million to the pilot group. 90% of international trips pay trip rig. Less than 50% pay trip rig. One example of an international trip was explained out of ANC going to Asia and had approx. 100 TAFB. Under current contract that trip pays 25:13 and under new T/A the same exact trip pays 29:41. That my friends is another pay raise. Vacation was not addressed during the negotiations as related to trip rig because NC didn't want to open section 7 which by the way is the best in the industry. We are the only that doesn't stratify our pay. When our last contract was signed the international pilots subsidized the domestic pilots pay by taking a hit in work rules.

Contract based on age 60.

NEVER was a critical duty period in contract for international flying.

If trip is revised twice it turns into a DRF trip.

Deviation Bank rollover to next month was only offered by company in one previous offer in exchange for a 22 hr. D/H duty period vs. current 16 hour.

We are the ONLY airline to offer a 2% per year accrual of A-plan and a B-plan together.

DISCLAIMER: This is from my chicken scratch notes and please don't take this all as gospel. A lot was discussed and I can't write that fast. You need to attend a road show and you will have your concerns answered. In the meantime you must read the T/A and don't wait for someone to spell it out for you. Naysayers need to hold their negative comments until they have spoken directly to an MEC or NC rep at a road show.
We are paid more on DOS and at end of contract than UPS.

Did you graduate with a GED or were you just Navy? When you take their guarantee of 975 hours minimum, FDX is not even close.