View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 02:58 PM
inky13
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2008
Position: 737

Originally Posted by 250 or point 65 View Post
Its interesting that you guys bring that up. The student that I had that used FS were usually the best students.
Same here. Although, these students that I have seem to leave the "auto-rudder" on when they play FS. Rudder is the biggest thing to pound into them.

I've had to cover up the PFD all the way up to the BAI stuff on some occasions, especially after some students telling me "oh, it's just like playing a video game."

RE: Kung-foo death grip

That pencil trick sounds like a good idea, I might have to try that. Be sure that they have it properly trimmed too. If it's not trimmed, they seem to want get a better grip on it to overcome the forces.

I have a student now that has a habit of having both hands on the yoke. This makes the flare difficult when she goes about bringing power to idle. Each time I catch her right hand on the yoke, I say something, but I would like for it to not continue to move to the yoke. She has it trimmed and all too. Before I've just pulled out the throttle each time I caught my student's right hand on the yoke, but for this one, it's not clicking.