View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 02:31 PM
HectorD
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2009
Position: PA-44 Left Seat :P

Originally Posted by Pilotpip View Post
Be careful how you use the LSA description. The DA-20 DOES NOT fit that designation despite being lighter than the TB-9s that Parks replaced. I've flown both and the eclipse is a better aircraft in many respects. It's much more efficient and handles much better. In four years of flying them as a student and instructor, I had more than two people in that plane exactly three times. The DA-20 also has a 10 year track record behind it already so it's hardly a new design. However unlike a tampico, it's purpose built. The TB-9 a TB-20 with a shorter wing and about 100 fewer ponies. I've also seen DA-20s take abuse that would put a tampico out of commission.

As far as doing your private in an aircraft that's approved for LSA, why not? Tens of thousands have received their private in J-3 cubs, luscombes and other aircraft that fit the designation.
I don't understand what you mean. I just said that the DA-20 was spin rated and handled better at low speeds. I have never flown a tampico but was told it tends to want to roll when put into a stall allot more than the eclipse.

Did you read what I wrote? I was talking about the REMOS GX, not the eclipse.

The REMOS is the plane FIT decided to go with. I assume they will change their fleet of pipers with it.

And about the J-3 cub, I also wrote about it in my post. If you agree with the fact that the cub is as easy to fly as a composite glass paneled LSA then I will shut up.

Listen guys, I am not trying to get on anyones bad side. I am just giving my opinion on why flight schools should not change the time tested and certified fleets for Light Sport aircraft from companies, that could in all honesty, go out of business at any moment. It is just my opinion.