Thread: Planesense
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 07:23 PM
FuelJetA
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005

No offense taken.

I stand corrected about the maintenance issues. I meant the aircraft 'looked' neglected and are always dirty other than that, I don't know. I used to fly a PC-12 too, so i know the deal with that. After 5 hours it looks like the back side of semi-truck that has NEVER been washed.

The person I am referring to never told me that it was a bad place to work and I don't think that I insinuated that it was, if I did, sorry for the misunderstanding. However, his uncle was or is the person in charge of pilots...whatever that is in 91K. He also flew well before 91K so his time stands as total BS. Furthermore, I believe I pointed this out elsewhere, I am not familiar with the ops specs of a 91K operator and don't claim to be. I am familiar with the old part 91 and the current 135 jet only regs. Thanks for the reference to the FARs.

As far as the clients, I know who buys these aircraft and I know that a few VERY wealthy people own them (and Alpha Shares, I actually know who some of those very wealthy are )...but I will stand behind my words. I sold PC-12s and know the clientelle. I know what they make on average and what demographic they fit into (I did bulk mailing and targeted marketing.) I also know that about 25% of the businesses that I have solicited have declined b/c their insurance requires the aircraft have 2 engines.

I think the aircraft is great. It is solid and fun to fly. I loved to fly it, it was great fun. It is a good airplane, no doubt, and as I stated, Alpha is a solid company and may make a great career for the right person. But, I will also say that I have a very close personal friend who flew, first the TBM 700, then the PC-12 and has approx. 7000 hours SE turb between the 2 with most in the PC-12. He has kept a resume on file at a few majors and has never been called to interview. He got me a job at a charter company flying jets and he is just above me for an upgrade (he has 13,000 hours and I have 3,000.)

Alpha is a good company and the PC-12 is a good airplane, but I will say again and make it more clear this time...it is NOT a good career move for someone who eventually wants to fly jets for other than the regionals if this is the only turbine PIC that they have. This I know first hand.