View Single Post
Old 09-18-2006, 02:44 PM
saab2000
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006

Originally Posted by HeavyDriver View Post
I would not want to be the highest paid "Paper Boy" on the block these days...Seems there are so many other "Paper Boys" on the block ready and willing to do it for less..."Paper Boy" = "Regional Airline" ...Until all the Regionals and Unions start to beat as one...Then no pilot job will be safe.
HeavyDriver,

Thanks for your support. I guess you were hired right into that heavy and your high salary, huh? I guess you didn't have to 'pay your dues'. I guess you must just be better than the rest of us, huh?

Thanks again for your support. You can be sure you'll have mine when you need it. Paperboy my a**. Some guys choose to stay here at the Paperboy level because of lifestyle or even pay, which believe it or not is better sometimes than "Driving Heavys".

Some of us do indeed stand up for what is right in the industry and some of us have been furloughed by major airlines and are now 'Paperboys' again. Glad you didn't lose your job.

Thanks for your support.

Oh, and back to the original question....

There are rumors at AWAC of things to come and a lot of hope for the Midwest flying. Nobody knows though. Attrition has dropped off, but is still a factor. I have been here just less than 2.5 years and expect to upgrade within the next 6-8 months. But anything can happen. If (big IF....) we get any flying for anyone else there will be hiring and upgrades. We have some offers out with some carriers but right now there is not a lot of belief it will happen. But the new CEO claims to be pro-growth. Whether or not he can convince the owners to open their pocketbooks to new investment remains to be seen. Sometimes you need to spend money to make it and this company has traditionally been extremely conservative. Not always a bad thing though.

Organisationally, this is a pretty good company with a solid training department.

Last edited by saab2000; 09-18-2006 at 02:49 PM.