View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 09:55 AM
almadadavid
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2009

Originally Posted by RemoveB4flght View Post
I think what you are trying to say is that you want to find an independent instructor and set a fixed price with him, and then rent an aircraft from an FBO to do your training in with that CFI.

While there may be an FBO that would allow it, most will probably not. First reason would be insurance. You are not a pilot, so you can't rent a plane, so you would have to ask this instructor to rent the plane for you. Then the instructor would have to assume any liability personally if you bent or broke the plane while being taught. I don't think either party would be comfortable with that.

Also, if the FBO employs their own CFI, they would be taking business away from him/her in the process.

You may find an independant CFI who will work with you privately on ground school at a more resonable rate. I have done this for a few students who needed extra help.

Good luck with your training
voila thank you very very much.
and glad to know, and for those wondering what I'm tring to do is:
pay the CFI so he/she gets all my money(not a school, I have nothing personal against them) not the middle man.
As far as people that read these forums, in particularly this reply and you come from the staff'school, that wants to point out the greater benefit to go that way I am more than happy to learn why.
that would help me to make my desicion a more educated one.
DADA