View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 06:26 PM
mexipilot84
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: Gear Handle supervisor

When I was in the army i was enrolled in ERAU distance learning. I can say it sounds great to be part of a reputable school. However even with tuition assistance and pell grants they are extremely expensive. I am in a 141 school paying cash for all my training (no debts... i hope). Im half way through my Comm SEL and I think so far I have spent about 15K for my training. I got out of ERAU and I transferred to Utah Valley university aviation. The tuition is cheaper and you can challenge the flight courses with your ratings. So much easier than spending 100K on tuition in DAB. It may be an aviation degree which for a back up in the future probably wont help me, but I can get my college and flight experience at home and still be on time for dinner and be able to afford my car and other stuff.

Aviation Science Department

Thats just my two cents. Only nightmare I can think of is working at a regional making less money than I am now as Delta CSA. The beating you have to take to make it in this career is incredible. But then again I wouldnt have it any other way.