View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 12:53 PM
mkoffman221
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2009
Default Call to US Airways Pilots

Hello, I understand that this is not a usual request, but thought that I would pursue using this forum as a starting point. I am a graduate student in the Public History program at Arizona State University. For the next month I am finishing an internship at the Smithsonian American History Museum.
For my masters thesis, I am looking at the merger between America West and US Airways and would like to conduct some oral history interviews ( not lasting more than an hour). My goal is interview approximately 25 people, from both companies and a variety of personnel including pilots and flight attendants. If your are interested, I can email a copy of my first chapter that covers the years from 1978 to 1999.
So, as I am in the DC area for the month of July, I would like to see if there are any interested pilots who have flown or still fly for US Airways mainline. I understand that some might not be incline to talk for a variety of reasons, but the interviews are strictly for an educational purpose and names can not be used if requested. Also, if I ever officially publish any parts of the work for an academic journal, I would give you a reasonable amount of time to look over where I might have used your information.
If interested, email is [email protected]