View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 08:23 AM
Herkulesdrvr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008

Originally Posted by flyguy23 View Post
You may be surprised to hear, there are many F9 pilots who would prefer to go with Republic. There is a solid chance their jobs will remain intact with republic. People are crying about pay cuts, but Republic does not have a payscale for the airbus and the F9 rates would be maintained. The airbus will not be traded for 190s like many speculate. They serve markets the 190 would not do as well in. The potential is there for growth if you go with republic. The potential is there for a furlough at southwest, and given swa is already overstaffed, im guessing it won't fair well for most F9 guys/gals. However, if F9 gets a fair integration by their standards with swa, they'd be crazy not to take it.
Wow good points, I never thought of it in that respect. Yeah swa is overstaffed but they have never furloughed from what I understand. However, if there is no established payscale on the bus and Republic takes over then maybe things could go better over there. Why did I get into this business is the real question I'm asking now, haha. Thanks for the insight.