View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 07:25 AM
Aviatormar
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: CH2T Worst plane ever

Disclaimer: I just posted this on the AWAC site for our guys, I'm trying to see what a larger audience thinks. Thanks.

Ok, someone correct me if I'm wrong. Right now we (AWAC) have a contract with Big Mama A that states we have to fly a certain amount of hours for a certain amount of time, correct? Also we know that Mesa has exclusive rights on all express flying in PHX till 2010. We know that PSA has a strong hold on CLT and we have DCA and PHL pretty much covered. And we know that Piedmont is losing aircraft (sucks for them). Ok, this is how I kinda see things working out. We are going to lose ORF and RDU (sorry guys, but it just doesn't look like Mama Airways wants/need that much lift from those two cities). This maybe a bit of a stretch, but I think we'll keep PHL and DCA (which might be smaller or remain basically the same, I don't think we'll lose the gates at DCA, that area can't really support anything much better then what is out there right now). I think Mesa stands to lose from this; I personally think we'll have a PHX base by February. Piedmont would be left out in the cold, they have no new aircraft on order and are losing A/C. But I'm just a lowly FO that doesn't know much, we'll see how it works out. The worst part is the Piedmont guys stand to lose, which sucks because they are a decent little airline and they always seem to get the short end of the stick. The only problem I see with all this, where does Colgan fit in with the Slaabs? Will they just go back to BOS and let them slowly phase out? I can't quite figure out what they are going to do.