View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 05:29 AM
FlyingW
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: Working
Default Save my job! CAL system bid and RFL

Many of you have seen that CAL is doing a system bid reducing the amount of pilots. I'm at the bottom and in jeopardy of getting kicked to the streets.

It always seems that when I am around pilots senior to me they always cringe, get that sad face and feel bad for me. Then they pat my shoulder and say "I hope you get to stay." Now, there is an opportunity for these pilots to take action and save a job for a junior pilot.

The Union worked hard to create a mitigation program with the company. Please consider taking the RFL. Sign up! 300 people will keep every pilot on property on this bid.

It's only 6 months long. You can pick up as much flying from open and advertised trips. If you're on LTVRF currently, make the switch so that it will count towards mitigation.

Read the bulletin on CCS. Make a difference to a fellow union pilot!

HIGHLIGHTS OF THE RFL LOA
(Taken from the CAL MEC CrewsNews)
• Pilot participation is strictly voluntary
• RFL duration: October 2009 through March 2010
• Pilots will have guaranteed specific days off (first 15 days or last 15 days off ) and a minimum of 21 total days off with RFL (unlike LTVRF)
• No special restriction on pilot’s ability to increase line value
• The RFL is twice as effective in reducing furloughs as the LTVRF from last year (two for one, instead of four for one in job savings)
• Pilots currently on LTVRF will be allowed to switch to the new RFL program and terminate their LTVRF early
• The LTVRF freeze is lifted for the reduction bid (10-08)
• For every two LTVRF pilots that switch to RFL, one additional position will be added to the 10-08 System Bid award
• Company to award matching sets of first half / last half in a BES
• Available to lineholders and reserves
• Allows lineholder participants to pick up advertisements and open time, even during absence
• RFL bid will be open for ten (10) days and will end concurrently with the reduction bid
• Benefit accrual requirement for RFL participants dropped to 20 hours from the previous 40 hour requirement