View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 08:04 AM
socalflyboy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: Cal reserve..the gift that keeps on giving

I am all for this effort, EXCEPT that if you take it you can pick up open time...I have been a hostage for more than ten months now, and I HOPE that you don't have to go through what me and my family have had to go through!! Face the facts..being a HOSTAGE is being a HOSTAGE...when cal approached the union last year and offered NO furloughs for relief on scope, well, that says it all. There is no need to furlough one soul from cal...that is whyI am against the open time pick up section of this agreement..they jr. man almost daily, roll days daily, double dip daily..this company is so short it is sad..the saddest part is that it is gonna take a major unification effort on the part of pilots to put an end to this..imagine that, a unification effort with a bunch of scabs, picking up open time left and right, flying rt. seat. I have a lot of hope with the shaking of the trees with the new breed union folks..but the sooner this company ADMITS they are short, real short, and calls back people instead of furloughing the sooner this company can move fwd. Once again, I hope you and everyone on property make the cut, and I hope that the scumbags stop the insanity...work your a$$ off all you want with NO ONE on the street, but when we have folks losing houses, probably facing divorces, or at least a super strained relationships, cars gettin repoed, etc..imho, this is blood money. can't wait to go back, but it would be a lot sooner if my coworkers did the right thing.