View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 12:50 PM
ewrbasedpilot
HOSED BY PBS AGAIN

Joined APC: Mar 2005

Originally Posted by socalflyboy View Post
I am all for this effort, EXCEPT that if you take it you can pick up open time...I have been a hostage for more than ten months now, and I HOPE that you don't have to go through what me and my family have had to go through!! ................

I can certainly sympathize with you being furloughed as I've been there and done that FOUR times. But having pilots mitigate the number of furloughs with VRF's and reduced flying and then telling them they CAN'T pick up any open time is like telling them to just quit so you can get your job back. I support EVERY effort to get our pilots back, but if you start putting too many restrictions on the guys VOLUNTEERING for reduced flying, you'll never see anyone volunteer for those types of lines again. Is that what you really want? CAL management seems to be on their own agenda, and with load factors of 89% for the past 1.5 months STRAIGHT, I can't for the life of me see how or why we're literally shutting down half of the EWR B737 flying. Last year we had 580 B737 CA's flying their butts off, and now were reducing that to 292? I haven't had but a handful of empty seats on my last 7 pairings, and they're cutting flights? Something just doesn't make sense. I'm holding a line for September and won't even be able to hold CA in a couple of weeks? Something is definitely going on. Too bad it's the employees and NOT management that's getting kicked in the balls.....AGAIN.