View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 04:48 PM
SiShane
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: B73N A

Originally Posted by UpThere View Post
Excellent idea except one minor detail.... can't you get stuck in a building "flying" a predator?
Wow that would suck...what do you even log that as?

Back on topic. Central Texas College, yes I go there, has a great program and its pretty affordable partly because it partially funded by the state. Its a 141 school with many degree programs, if you want get credit for your certificates then you can do the Aviation Science Degree, but I know some ppl on this site have their own thoughts on that, but like i said you dont have too. CTC is a 2 yr junior state college but Texas A&M Central Texas is right next door to do your Bachelor's and Master's. They've been around for over 40 years and their planes are maintained very well. Fleet consists of 8 Cessna 152s for primary, 2 Piper Archers for intrument, 2 Mooney M20Js for Commercial and a Cessna 310R for multi. They are also affiliated with NIFA (National Intercollegiate Flying Association) and have their own flight time. CTC placed 9th in the Nation among schools like ERAU, UND, etc. and got top 2 yr school in 2008.

The bad, Killeen, TX is a worthless town supported by nearby Fort Hood. Not much to do but maybe go to Austin which is like 1 hr away. Part time jobs pay very low too.

I did alot of research before going with this place and I am glad to go there. My philosophy is you shouldnt have to shell out 100k plus for school to get a job that starts you out at 15k/yr or less. for more info www.ctcd.edu/aviation

Last edited by SiShane; 08-19-2009 at 05:25 PM.