View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 11:03 AM
Bucking Bar
Can't abide NAI

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Douglas Aerospace post production Flight Test & Work Around Engineering bulletin dissembler

Originally Posted by fly2002 View Post
"but there are reports that during the Flight Operations Road Shows a September 2010 date for mailing of notices is anticipated"

Bucking bar....how in the heck can you say something so far down the road? It's not even September 2009 yet.

ps. Have you seen the retirements JUST in august? NIIIICE!!!
Fly - I'm quoting from the Flight Operations Management Road Show presentation. That's their forecast, which happens to match the confluence of factors in my crystal ball as well.

Back when we were briefed on the JPWA scope provisions wrote down "DEC 2010" on my pad and ACL65 asked me why I wrote that. Beside that date I wrote "furloughs," just based on my expectation we would carry extra pilots through SOC, then rationalize the network, then the timing worked out perfectly with the expiration of many of our furlough protections in the JPWA, for example:
3. For a period of 24 months following December 8, 2008, no pilot on the seniority list will be placed on furlough as a result of the merger between the Company and Northwest.