View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 11:41 AM
acl65pilot
Happy to be here

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: A-320A

Originally Posted by Bucking Bar View Post
Fly - I'm quoting from the Flight Operations Management Road Show presentation. That's their forecast, which happens to match the confluence of factors in my crystal ball as well.

Back when we were briefed on the JPWA scope provisions wrote down "DEC 2010" on my pad and ACL65 asked me why I wrote that. Beside that date I wrote "furloughs," just based on my expectation we would carry extra pilots through SOC, then rationalize the network, then the timing worked out perfectly with the expiration of many of our furlough protections in the JPWA, for example:
Bar;
I agree with what you say and the timing of it all. I also see a few other things occurring at the same time that may limit or negate the need to pink slips at the mainline level.
See stars align and dots are starting to connect for me.
Look at the DCI contracts on the SEC website. Look at the timing of them, and certain reset dates et al. Look at the economy, and a few key factors related to international uptick, and all of them are a few months before or after Dec 2010.

I agree that we as a union have given DAL management enough 76 seat jets that they would park the DC-9 fleet tomorrow and have the jets to replace them with out one jet being bought. It sucks, and is what it is. What we need to do from here, is make sure that is all we give, no matter how much pain comes to bear.