View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 03:37 PM
N6724G
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: Flight Instructor

I am not an Air Force reserev Officer. i am an Army reserev Officer in Atlanta and I can tell you these guys are right on the money. Yes, Dobbins is a C-130 training base. Its home to the 94th Airlift Wing. Robbins is an active duty base. They have a big Air National guard unit there though.

Maybe you spoke to enlisted recruiters. Whenever you speak to recruiters, make sure theyare officer recrutiers. enlisted recruiters arent really trained on officer programs so they really cant discuss them with great knowledge. its not that they are trying to fool you. They just honestly dont know. MAke sure you talk to an officer recruiter first.

Even as an army non aviation officer, ispend at least 10 hours a week doing military stuff. Its not neccessarily all at once but cumulitively. I can just imagine what pilots have to go through.

I think you implied thathaving a PhD makes you a shoe in for selcetion.it doesnt. The Air Force doesnt need PhD's to fly airplanes. They need pilots to fly airplanes. So having a PhD is good but Idont think its going to set you that much apart fromsay a guy without a Phd but who has an ATP.

Good luck with whatever youdecide to do. ican tell you that I have enjoyed serving my countrypart time for 20 years. its given me balance.