View Single Post
Old 10-07-2006, 06:36 PM
Low & Slow
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2005
Position: sitting

Originally Posted by jsled View Post
Laughing stock? I think that is a stretch. You must be an ex-ACA or err Independence Pilot. Half the garbage you wrote is not true. I know, because I work there. You did get one thing right, United Pilots did lead the industry at one time.
You're right laughing stock may be a stretch, but is was meant to be a hypothetical question and not an accusation, thus the question mark. Like I said, I have respect for the UAL pilot's I know (including the one who forwarded that list).

As an outsider looking in, I find it unconcienable that with furloughed pilots on the street, a UAL pilot wearing a union pin could waive the contract, pick up extra time (you call it jr/sr manning?), or go that extra mile to (i.e. bend the contract to the companies favor) to accomplish the mission.

Speaking of the things that I didn't get right, that list was reportedly authored by one of the UAL MEC members. I thought the MEC might have a handle on the conditions at the airline, maybe not.

This week your CEO and VP negotiated a contract extension that included pension enhancements and a healthy annual raise while pilots continue to eat it. If your not ****ed off at that, your not paying attention.