Thread: Pro Airways
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 10:52 AM
i121ADX
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: Just a broker now.

Originally Posted by skybob View Post
Alot of people here don't really seem too interested in whether it is legal or not. This topic has been covered and the consensus seems to be "the local FSDO lets me do it" and "if you won't go along to get along then charter is not for you". It will be interesting with the aftermath of Colgan 3407 to see how it rolls down hill. After what happened with the FAA Safety Inspector in that case it would not suprise me to see a bunch of pilots and dispatchers get violated at charter outfits in order to cover their rear ends. Previous law is pretty clear on this issue. The Inspectors have got to be concerned that in the event of an accident, after all of the fatigue issues in the news, they will be punished for allowing it. I wouldn't expect this to be overlooked anymore. And they can also go back and check past practice in the event of an accident/incident.
135 Opeators do not have dispatchers and therefore do not have an airman rating. This would fall under the Cheif Pilot and the flight follower would not get in trouble.