Old 09-29-2009, 09:05 AM
bryris
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2008
Position: Hotel

I'm confused. You state the different paths all your friends took that were determined by the fates of the various regionals, then go on to state to take personal responsibility.

A friend of mine got hired on to CHQ 1 month before I got hired on to TSA. He had a few hundred hours more than me and met their minimums at the time, and I was just a tad short struggling in a slowly decaying flight school.

Fast forward, I am on the street and he's probably a fairly comfortable FO still.

You roll the dice and take what you get whether you like it or not.

Looking back, had I known what I know now, I would have "tried" to instruct for another couple months, then put in my stuff with CHQ or RP. That would have worked out better. We can monday morning QB all day, but the cards do not fall the way they fall until after they've fallen.

Part of my plan was potentially to work for TSA, get 500 hours or so turbine, then jump to another carrier. Then, NO ONE was hiring. I've been able to log over 1,000 before the end, so maybe I'll get my wish - just further along in life than I thought.

Oh well.