Old 10-03-2009, 11:13 AM
Sideshow Bob
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: MD11 CPT

Originally Posted by AerisArmis View Post
Seems to be a recurring theme amongst many of you. Almost seems like someone from Brown manglement fed you that line.
Here's the deal. Any employee group at FedEx is free to unionize any time they want as long as the majority of their class and craft agrees. That's it. They can do it any time they can get 50% +1. If any other group chooses to do so, I'm sure our MEC and the rest of the pilot group would support them. If they CHOOSE to! Nice to see you throw out misinformation while complaining about misinformation.
Actually Fred is doling out more than his share of misinformation if you're the least bit honest about it. Calling it a "bailout" while playing on the room temperature IQ types is ridiculous, as UPS isn't getting taxpayer dollars which, if you didn't know, is the definition of a bailout and Fred knows it too. Call it what it is...sleazy political opportunism on UPS' part...they are the masters of it. But Fred threatening to cancel 777 orders is also political opportunism, and more than a little toddler-like. Funny thing is very, very few of us look up to or even remotely like UPS management, while many of your gang get a bit emotional and very defensive when Fred isn't glorified by those who don't work for him...very odd.

In principle however I agree with you...if they want to organize they can, but it's effectively a moot point as first they all know that they'll be harassed and likely fired in a tough job market. They're just going to have to buck up and take it, as I have a hunch this thing isn't going to happen anyway.