View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 08:57 AM
Kingbird87
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: A330B

This thread has typically degenerated into juvenile squabbling. This is supposed to be a forum for Airline Pilots, of all types and those who aspire to the profession. I have met many great people that chose to be pilots in my career. It was the character in the person that made the pilot someone I wanted to emulate for my own path. They quietly listened and learned and took the steps when confident and qualified.
The anonymous aviators pecking at each other here are a disgrace to my profession. If a regional airline pilot is feeling smug about misfortune coming to a major airline crew, great. My contact with you will be limited to this forum, because you will never with that attitude advance beyond where you are now. If a major airline pilot thinks he has inherited the seventh ring of consciousness by changing employers, I'm sure there will be a humbling opportunity akin to yesterday's waiting for you.
To the posters on this thread gleefully dancing over this incident, even anonymously, you make the case for higher standards in aviation. Thankfully I'll never have to suffer your ignorance.