View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 05:38 AM
loudgarrettdriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: Any seat that pays

There comes a point where you have to laugh and say "is this worth it?" Well is it? You have put this much time and effort and MONEY (apparently 75k worth) into this career. If you truley wanta be an Avi8ter then stick it out.

You have probably seen the worst of things. But the truth is its only gonna get tuffer. Any job you take (cfi, commuter, frieght) is gonna leave you strapped for cash at the end of the month. The bills are going to keep rolling in and with the co-signer you probably used and the new backrupcy laws coming into effect- bankrupcy may be out of the question.

I'm not trying to be a jerk when I say this- just truthful- you made your bed now you have to lay in it. But if you truley want to stay in the industry- there are things you can do.

First off, I know people that spent the money you spent for education on a car- yea thats right- a car . Now there is debt over a stupid shiney car. Puts things into perspective huh?

Second- There are many options, Military, Air National Guard or start networking at you local airports for a right seat job with a salary.

Third, get a part time job work nights- work on the line at the airport (another way to network for a job.)

I think you have spent a lot of time and cash to just hang it up. Just stick it out a bit longer and you may be surprised.

Keep the blue side up.