View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 08:10 PM
Flyboyrw
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2007
Position: Lawn Chair

Originally Posted by ophir View Post
You should ask to speak with the crew in this situation. The agent is just getting a number from Ops with the limits and has no idea what it means. There are instances when the a/c is an aft galley config that adding a jumpseater, in the actual, allows you to take more payload due to the balancing effect on CG.

SKYW seems to have adopted this policy, along with many other airlines, that getting out on time trumps taking ALL the people that want to go to their destination. Getting out on time should be a goal, not an absolute. If we can take one more person, it is worth the delay. That is what we are in business for.
I did ask the agent to tell the crew there was a jumpseater, and that if they had trouble with the weights I wanted to talk to the crew. The agent told me that he told the crew I was there. They boarded up, and were about 10 mins early. They sat on the ramp for awhile with the door open, and I was hoping they were running numbers to fit me on. Then the door closed and that was it.