View Single Post
Old 11-26-2009, 04:28 AM
Kasserine06
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2009
Position: Box Pusher

Originally Posted by Cubdriver View Post
You mean a Mac like this one? Mac for $1500. It has the 2.4 GHz and 4G RAM. But Vagabond doesn't need anywhere near that much computer. VB, consider something like this HP for $500, .
I was talking about a PC laptop when I mentioned those specs. I think the basic Macbook will be more than sufficient for her needs. And yes, if you can live with basics, a netbook is great (I was going to get one to replace my laptop, but I spent the money on a new lens ). They are cheap enough that if a better one comes out in a year or two, it wouldn't be that bad to get a new one.

Shop around and see what you like, but whatever you do, don't talk to any Best Buy or similar sales person. They do not know what they are talking about and are only trained to sell you warranty plans. Even the Apple Geniuses aren't too smart anymore. Too many college students who have iPods think they know everything about all Apples and I have caught a few of them making things up before. If you do go to an Apple store, look for someone in their 30s or older because that means they have probably been using Macs before the iPod and really understand them.

Have a good Thanksgiving everyone.