View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 04:49 PM
VAviator
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: Right Seat, PIC
Default Non-Flying Job with Avantair

Hi Everyone-

I'm looking for some advice, primarily from Avantair people, on working for the company in a non-flying capacity. I'm coming off a nearly two year recovery from a nasty accident, looking at going back to work, and noticed that Avantair has a couple non-flying positions open. It's going to be a while before I can get my medical back (although I'm completely confident I can), and a while before I can get myself current again.

So the question I'm asking is if this would be a wise career move. Avantair is a company I'd love to fly for some day, but would a non-flying job with them be a bad idea? I currently have about 1700hrs and 500 multi, nearly all PIC. Would there be any future chance of being hired into the right seat with those kind of times? I figure while working for them (or maybe another factional) I could get myself current and at least the ATP written out of the way. I guess what I'm thinking is that even if I put in a couple years with them, my times still be far too low to be considered and I'd have to leave in order to build more time. But I have heard of this path helping people get on with other companies. So any advice out there?

Thanks in advance!

-VAviator