Old 12-24-2009, 04:54 PM
Hoof Hearted
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: Seat 1 A
Exclamation How about a straight salary

There seems to be quite a few performance related incentives which encourage some pilots to press on. A new flight & duty time limit scheme would help and is only a matter of time before it will have to be adopted, the powers that be will most likely use any influence they can exert to keep it from happening anytime soon. But let's take a look at another element. If airlines were to adopt a straight salary system wouldn't that help to alleviate some of these issues. For instance, the airline and union get together and hash out an annual salary for pilots based on seniority, equipment and a certain number of flight hours per month. Divide that by 12 and that's the basic check per month not including per diem and overtime. As a corporate guy I've been doing this for years. I do understand that there would be huge changes needed to be made in the infrastructure, but hey, there are smart people working at most airlines, I'm sure something could be drawn up to appease a majority. I also understand many won't like this idea. It would appear to me that the pilots would benefit from such a pay scheme.