Thread: I want to fly!
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 06:25 PM
covsting76
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2009
Default I want to fly!

I have always wanted to fly and always told myself i would as a kid but then for some reason i hit highschool and the urge went away as i starting getting wrapped up in girls and sports. Needless to say i went to college got my business degree and have a good job with great benfits making 56k.

Anyway the passion has come back now and i want it more then ever. I have been doing alot of research about joining the military and would love to serve my country and become a pilot.

I am just wondering what options do i have, i understand since i have a 4 year degree i would enter the military as an officer which you have to be to fly from my understanding. What about the Guard or Reserves?

Basically i am just curious to know what my options are and i am 25 by the way and i am sure there is some sort of cut off age. I do have a great thing going for me right now career wise but I know if i dont purse this i am always going to think back and wonder what if...

Is there anyway i could still serve in some sort of reserve unit and learn to fly while keeping my civilian career?

Sorry for all the questions and i apperciate all the feed back.