View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 07:40 AM
toney
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2009

Hello Everyone,
I want to say thank you for your help and your advise. I really appreciate then. The problem that I am having also is consistency. On certain days i will do proper landings and on other day my landings sucks. I have change instructor a few days ago. I know 60 hrs it a lot before solo. I train on the piper cadet and the approach speed on final is 63 knots. I am really concerned about getting that 63 knots on final and i try to trim for it, but my instructor told me that I should not be too concern about the 63 knots but maintaining center line on the runway (Is this correct). I normally come into land at around 70 knots on a calm day. Here are some of the problems I had on my previous flight:

(1) I was drifting into the runway on downwind.
(2) Coming in above 63 knots on final.
(3) Not reducing power at the appropriate time.
(4) Was not stable on short final.
(5) Not knowing when to take out power completely
(6) Was not looking down the runway so i did not know then to start the round out and the flare.
(7) Not keeping my aiming point in one plane on the window.
(8) Did not get enough sleep the night before.

When coming into final, I normally aim for the numbers so I would land on the second stripe. If anyone one can offer me some assistance or advise on these problems that i am having i will really appreciate it. Thanks in advance. I think one of the reason why i have not gone solo yet is because I have changed instructors like six times and each instructor has a different way of teaching stuff so I have to adopt to there way of teaching. The school moved my previous instructors to different programs, and the instructors I have now is not experience instructors.

toney.