Old 02-05-2010, 05:48 AM
point432
On Reserve Forever

Joined APC: Sep 2009
Position: Would you like fries with that gear, sir?
Default credit for specific courses taken...?

They would definitely need to define these required courses. I majored in Aviation Management and one of the classes taken was Aviation Safety. Do you remember what commercial and instrument ground school was like (or the material required for experience)? Yeah, that was what the class was like. Total waste of my time. Some of the kids in the flight side of things had to take systems I believe, which I have no clue what could of been covered. Purdue from what I hear covers the FMS, which I wish I could learn more about.

University and college experience should be taken with a grain of salt and the FAA would need to be more specific on what subject areas they really want to see. If a school has a King Air and allows students to take a class for that, does that make it cool to get rid of hours to fly a CRJ? It could possibly help in the sim or gnd school I guess and reduce the amount of ppl washing out.

Lower mins for college completed would help me possibly get a job, but there are a lot of ppl out there I'm sure again that are in the boat with me.