Thread: FedEx "B" Scale
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 04:30 PM
Auger In
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2009
Position: low hanging fruit

Originally Posted by MaydayMark View Post
Dude ... I'm not sure why you believe you are the only one feeling the pain (maybe they're just picking on you?)?

I just read the SIG update that arrived in my email inbox a half hour ago. My (11MEMCA) RLG next month is only 62 hrs!*? Maybe you should read it. I agree that the pain is not evenly spread but there are lots of us taking it up the 4a2b!
The 727 has been hit the hardest and their crews have suffered the largest financial hit percentage-wise of any other fleet. That's a fact. The disproportionate sacrifice they have suffered is criminal. Their pay has become what amounts to a B scale. You need to step back and look at this in perspective. Though your RLG as an MD CA may be 62 hours, you're making somewhere around $230/hour. There are junior S/Os making barley $100/hour at 55+ hours a month. Your financial hit, though painful to you, doesn't even come close to what a 727 S/O is feeling. There are 200 S/Os that would love to trade places with you in a second. Relax, have a drink and stop complaining about how rough you have it while you're fortunate enough to be in the upper tier of the pay-scale.