View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 12:11 PM
aviatorpr
Inverted

Joined APC: Jun 2009
Position: CL65 CA

Originally Posted by yamahas3 View Post
Hiring at the regional level requires one of 3 things to happen...

1) Industry movement. Its not happening anywhere else, is it happening at Pinnacle?

2) Growth. Not aware of Pinnacle getting any more flying. Where are you in comparison to your highest flying level since hiring stopped?

3) Changes in manning requirements. New rest rules might do this, new contract might do this, etc, but I don't think anything like this has happened to Pinnacle.

Then again, in the low times for the industry, its usually only the bottom feeders that are hiring. So if anyone starts, I wouldn't be surprised if Pinnacle was one of them.
Besides your lack on knowledge on how the industry works when it comes to hiring, nice slam on Pinnacle. Eagle is hiring as well, guess they are bottom feeders too, or maybe you are just jealous some places are hiring while you are collecting your unemployment check. People die, quit, get fired, eventually, they need to be replaced, that could be a reason. Delta gave Pinnacle 1000 more hours of flying in March than they had in Feb and its only looking like it will increase as summer grows closer, maybe thats a reason to hire. Really riles me up for you to call us bottom feeders when we rejected a TA with subpar pay as well as many other below average agreements. We are trying to pull the regional pilots up, not bring them down.

Last edited by aviatorpr; 02-16-2010 at 01:36 PM. Reason: I was too harsh apparently