View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 08:53 PM
n7715x
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2009

Originally Posted by 2themoon View Post
I've have used both the Purdy Neat and the Briggs & Riley bags and would highly recommend the Briggs & Riley. The B & R bag is 5 lbs lighter to start. This really make a difference when you are lifting it up on to x-ray belts, overhead bins and onto hotel beds. The B & R has for the same outside dimension but a larger inner volume. The B & R has a Lifetime warranty. I have owned my B & R bag for nine years when I sent it off to them to have the wheels replaced. It came back a week later like a new bag. They fixed or replaced everything that was worn. I basically got a new bag for free. The Purdy neat bag has only a three year warranty. Not enough.

Don't waste your money on a PNB. The Briggs & Riley have more interior volume, is 5 lbs lighter, and has a lifetime warranty. And as someone else noted, you won't look like a dork pulling one.

Try pilotpetesupplies.com
NO! You don't want to bring bed bugs home with you, right? I always use the luggage rack in the hotel room. Or if not that, something hard surfaced. There is too much nasty sh!t in hotel beds.

Bedbug - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

YouTube - Bed Bugs

As for the bag issue, I've had the PNS/LuggageWorks bag the past 5 years and it's held up great. As for the laptop pocket, I believe they are quoting the 14" as the length of the opening for the computer. Laptop screen sizes are quoted diagonally across the screen. I have a 15" screened laptop and it fits fine into the 14" opening, because it isn't actually 14" end-to-end if measured in a straight line.

Is the Briggs&Reilly made in the US? I prefer to buy US made stuff when possible.